Dear BEE-L readers HELP!!! I am writing from Cape Town in sunny South Africa and currently run about 20 working hives ( had a good crop of honey thus far ), but would like to propogate the swarms to doube the working force for next season. Reports I've had on methods vary for the type of bee in question. I now ask all you cleaver Beekeepers out there that know the Cape Bee ( Capensis Meliflera) : "What is the most successful way to split a hive without encouraging the laying worker syndrome?" Yours faithfully Karl Dehning