Date sent: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 09:25:15 -0700 Send reply to: [log in to unmask] From: Robert MacKimmie <<[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Requeening Issue To: [log in to unmask] 7F00,0000,7F00 > Briefly, I picked up 4 nuc hives several weeks ago -- in the first ten days, > two hives completely lacked any newly laid eggs. I suspected that the queens > were lost in the bee transfer and ordered two new queens. As soon as the > queens were released, they ended up being killed by the queens that were in > the last throws of supercedure. LESSON for the newbie beekeeper: I should > have inspected each frame completely for queen cells and I would have figured > it out. A litany of disaster. It would appear the author did eveything correctly, apart from one point. He should find a better bee supplier! Those queens were obviously 'Duds' from the very begining. Supercedure in the first few weeks? I would be demanding my money back. ******************************************** The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2, Orillia, ON, Canada. Phone- 705-326 7171. Fax 705 325 3461. North American agents. E.H.Thorne(UK)Ltd. Ventilated Hives and Equipment David Eyre... Owner http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks *********************************************