Greetings!
I have received the following information..I emailed the original  sender,asking where he obtained this article...have not had a response...can anyone on the list make a comment ?

I have read that there has been some doubt about the effectiveness of Fluvalinate against the Varroa mite in bees. Could this possibly have anything to do with the fact
 that Fluvalinate breaks down very quickly and therefore loses its effectiveness before the beekeepers get around to using it. How long can Fluvalinate be stored before it
 is used. I read that in 20 days there is a 20-fold decrease in the amount of undergraded  fluvalinate present in any given sample.

Holly-B Apiary
P.O.Box 26
Wells,Maine 04090-0026
www.cybertours.com/~midnitebee