There are some advantages to replacing the queen in the fall (right now
is fall as far as your bees are concerned - in the northern hemisphere).
First off, queens are less expensive and readily available in the fall.
Second, if for some reason the new queen is rejected there is still time
for another try prior to the onset of winter.  Third, a new queen in the
fall means your new queen will be the one laying in January to start the
1998 build up.  You'll get a jump start on '98 by requeening now.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!