In article <<[log in to unmask]>,
John Volpe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some literature I have read recently suggests that workers, in their queen
> selection, will choose those larva most closely related to themselves (ie
> larvae that were fathered by drones produced from the home hive as opposed
> to those larvae fathered by drones from other hives). This presents two
> questions;

I read something similar but I interpreted what was said differently.
What I read is workers will choose larva fathered by the same drone that
fathered them over larva fathered by some other drone.  That is, favoring
sisters over half-sisters.  This drone does not have to come from the home
hive, and this strategy does not encourage inbreeding.

-Mike