I saw something strange today concerning bear behavior.  I'd like to share
it with you.

In a yard of 40 hives,  all the feeder pails were knocked off the hives and
assembled at one end of the yard.   14 of the pails had teeth puncture
holes in the exact same place on the bottom of the pails.  What a delicious
sweet snack for the bear.  I assume it is a bear.  We don't have raccoons
in this area.  The good news is he didn't push any of the hives over.   Not
yet anyway!

Has anyone else noticed that a bear's sweet tooth includes more than just
honey and bees?

Kevin Christensen

Mallaig, Alberta, Canada