Hello Zigurds:

From a commercial beekeeper's point I would agree that it is somewhat of a
struggle, however, as a sideline or hobbist I consider it more of an
opportunity to view and appreciate one thrilling activity of nature.

I usually havae about thirty hives.  Sometimes success and othertimes
marginal results.  Sell my honey in the comb to a friend who is a
commercial honey packer.

With the tremendous reduction in wild colonies in the area, I am giving
some thought to loaning/renting my bees to growers who are having trouble
finding enough pollinators for their crops.

If you would have time or care to, I would appreciate hearing more about
beekeeping in your area and if you should like information abaout same in
my corner of the world I will be pleased to reply.

Jim Shoemaker
5160 S. Western
Brookline, MO USA 65619
(417) 887 0225