We've not seen fipronil in any corn belt or western Canada canola nectar or pollen.
In some parts of the world, Fipronil is used inside SHB traps, much like a roach motel.  The point is, the bees shouldn't be able to come in contact with it, only the beetles.

I saw presentations in Australia about this method for SHB control - bottom line, diatomaceous earth in the traps worked as well without the potential hazard.