The health inspector here just wants all jars, new or reused, run through
the dishwasher with dishwasher soap that has bleach in it or if washing by
hand a double sink with the last rinse having bleach. The dishwasher
detergent I was purchasing had Sodium hypochlorite at that time. With all
this talk in Bee-L I thought I would look again and the company must have
changed the formula it no longer has  Sodium hypochlorite  so I need to
find a different brand.

Reusing jars is a pain because the label needs to be soaked off. Some one
at EAS told me I should be using food grade labels because some one may
lick the honey off their fingers that had dribbled on to the label, that
seems like going a little to far. They said food grade labels hold up
with dish washing making reusing jars easier. I have my labels printed and
they do not run like a label does if made with a inkjet printer but they do
wrinkle when run through the dish washer.

Karen T-K
Maine