Believe it or not those unnecessary quotes have a potentially harmful effect on the environment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/opinion/13podolny.html

" In the United States, it’s estimated that server farms, which house Internet, business and telecommunications systems and store the bulk of our data, consume close to 3 percent of our national power supply. Worldwide, they use more power annually than Sweden."