> Finally, my interest in posting the paper was to *discuss* rather than
*defend* its conclusions or methodology.

Not asking you to defend at all, Pete!  I was simply discussing, for the
sheer fun of discussion.  As suggested by Allen, friendly discussion of
stated generalities allows us to dig deeper into the issues, in order to
find the actual "proximate mechanisms" that may explain our observations of
generalities.

Randy Oliver