Good morning everyone,

            It’s me again. First I would like to thank everyone that responded to my last post. Secondly, I am trying to decide on eye protection regarding flying particles. We have several machine centers that require the use of an air gun to blow out chips, etc. and have had 2 eye injuries as a result.  I have found literature regarding both, and in my opinion goggles seem to be the preferred method. However, there is the comfort and convenience factor of a face shield over the goggles that will be the bigger problem. The air guns are being checked for correct pressure and a different type of nozzle has been ordered and some areas have eliminated the practice of using an air gun, but protection still needs addressed.

            Any comments would be much appreciated.

Tara Adkins

EHS Assistant

Yamada North America

9000 Columbus Cincinnati Rd

S. Charleston, OH 45368

(937)462-7111 ext. 161

This discussion list is provided by the Springfield/Clark County Safety Council