To answer, the only way to have sub-groups is to start another list.  So that’s not really a possibility.  Once the list goes “global”, we will have to go back to talking off-list as individual e-mail addresses.  I have a group set up in my Outlook.

The rest is as you said:

Reply = Single sender/Post originator

Reply All = To the list (as well as to the originator)

David

David J. Arthur, SMSgt, Ohio ANG

178 FW Ground Safety Manager

(Com) 937.327.2223

(DSN) 346.2223

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 11:40 AM
To: 'Arthur David J SMSgt 178 FW/SE 346-2223'; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Question To The Committee

On another note Dave, I will read the manual in the next week... are we able to set up groups?

We will be able to:

Reply (to single sender)

Reply to All

Reply to only Steering Committee members

?

Ed

From: Springfield/Clark County Safety Council Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Arthur David J SMSgt 178 FW/SE 346-2223
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 11:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question To The Committee

Ok, here’s our first real question for discussion.  We need to decide who can subscribe.  We talked about this months ago when we were at the retreat, but I didn’t get a concrete decision as to whether we were limiting the list to employees of member companies only, or if we were going to just throw the doors open wide and let anyone who wanted to subscribe join.  Personally, I think it should be a perk for our member companies, and if someone wants to take part in the list, they should join the council.  However, it is a good marketing tool too.  Remember, we can dump meeting information on here too.

So, what’s the desire of the steering committee?  Do we open it up to everyone, or limit it to our member companies only?  Let me know what to do . . .

David

PS:  Don’t forget to hit “Reply All” so everyone can be in on the discussion.

David J. Arthur, SMSgt, Ohio ANG

178 FW Ground Safety Manager

5319 Regula Ave., Springfield-Beckley MPT

Springfield, OH 45502-8784

(Com) 937.327.2223

(DSN) 346.2223

(Fax) 937.327.2121

(DSN Fax) 937.327.2121

"Dog: A kind of additional or subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the world's worship." -- Ambrose Bierce

This discussion list is provided by the Springfield/Clark County Safety Council

The SCCSC-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's HDMail High Deliverability Mailer for reliable, lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to: http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.10/908 - Release Date: 7/19/2007 6:10 PM

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.10/908 - Release Date: 7/19/2007 6:10 PM

This discussion list is provided by the Springfield/Clark County Safety Council

The SCCSC-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's HDMail High Deliverability Mailer for reliable, lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to: http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html