>>...the theory sounds great for distributing OA in the hive;  the
practice is what scares me!

Accidental inhaling of OA concerned me, too, as did the need to
purchase or build vaporizing equipment.  Then I read studies that
determined the varroa kill was just as good with the trickle method.

Trickling is quick and easy.  The equipment is a graduated syringe.
One needs access to a gram scale to get an accurate mix although
they've seen in Finland that doubling the prescribed OA
concentrations does not seem to affect the bees or the queen.

Waldemar