Milt, I think you should treat for mites. Just this week, I saw a few
deformed bees just like last year when I had a big problem with mites, and
sure enough, one of the hives I went through had lots of mites, with many
of the newly emerged workers with deformed wings.

Actually, I see this as a good chance for productive culling, as only a
small percentage of my hives have mites.

As to the bees not bringing in much pollen, have you checked for brood?
Often a queenless hive will bring in less pollen than it's neighbor.

Regards.