Hi Allen,

> > > Also, as a follow-up on Joe and Oene's 4.9 experiment, Joe now reports
> > > that the bees have made a mess of the 4.9 foundation...

Did the bees draw the foundation on a major flow? There is a window for
getting good drawn 4.9. In my experience (2 yrs now) bees will not draw 4.9
well on a flow. Seems they produce a honey storage type cell that looks
similar to drone comb but rather inbetween size.Where the bees shaken down
on to foundation or given frames progressively? Strong colony or small
colonies?
What cell size did the bees draw?  Was it a transition type cell?

Clay