Hi there,

I have gotten quite a few replies to some questions I
sent out a few days ago, which are proving very
helpful.  I am also enjoying the discussion on glue
for hive contruction.  I now have some more questions
and comments.

First, on Box joint... Most people agree that they are
a strong joint, but it has been mentioned a couple
time that they have more end grains exposed that a lap
joint, this leading to quicker rot if the paint comes
off due to wear.  As well they are a bit harder to
build yourself.

Then there is the lap joint, easy to construct,
perhaps not quite as strong as the box joint, but
maybe so if glued with the right glue, and screwed or
nailed properly.  A favored joint amongst those who
build their own equipment, and do not want to have to
fiddle around with the Dado and caliper much.

And then there is the Butt/biscuit joint that a couple
people have suggested, though I am not sure if that
was through bee-l or to me personally.  Combining the
simplicity of simply cutting the boards to the proper
length, and then using the strength of the bisuit. But
as my brother is pointing out as I type, it maybe be
hard to get that accurate due to the fact that the
boards are being joined at right angles, and not side
to side as what biscuit jointers are commonly used
for.

Origanally I was asking about using the Kreg joint for
the joint above as well, but I think that that is not
exactly the best thing to do now that I have read all
the reply's.

So now that I have typed all that I am almost
forgetting what my original question was.  I think I
was kinda wanting to know if there was any other
points for or against the methods above that should be
added.  Please let me know, and I will summerize them
as well if I receive some off the list.

Another thing, does anyone have a picture of the
interlocking corner joint.  I have drawn one here, but
I am sure it is not like I saw it once, but I cannot
figure it out.  If anyone know what it looks like,
please try to draw it and send it, or at least
discribe it?

Well, I think I am about typed out.  I know I forget
something, I will have to read through the posts that
I got earlier to see if I can remember.  Thanks for
all the input.

Regards,

Carm