Hi All.

My single hive came through the first 'real' winter we've had in ten years
strongly, with bees clustering across seven frames, and an examination of
floor debris showing very few mites. A couple of weeks ago the temperature
shot up to the mid-fifties, and the bees were bringing in large quantities
of pollen. After a week of mild weather I opened the hive, and found eggs
and brood under three days old over about four frames, and a single patch
of sealed brood the size of my palm. Since Saturday it's been snowing
again, on and off.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley