From:
TRACY LOGAN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <BEE-L@ALBNYVM1>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 90 10:57:00 EST
From:   STUVAX::LOGANT       "TRACY LOGAN"  7-MAY-1990 15:54:01.52
To:     TRACY
CC:
Subj:   bees

A local beekeeper, 20 years in the game, needs some information
about bees and people.

Up till now, he's been fine, out in the country.  Now someone has
built a house close by.  When the neighbor mowed real close to
the hives, he got stung.  Tarps were put up, and worked; but blew
loose recently, so one more sting.  The police were called, etc.

I haven't talked to the neighbor, but it does seem like he is
really against the bees existing nearby, no matter what.  Perhaps
a clash of city-ways and country-ways.

Anyway, this fellow is desperate to find a PBS(?) TV show he saw
a while ago that chronicled the impact on an ecosystem when the
bees were removed from it.  Anyone recall seeing it?

Perhaps someone knows of other sources for information that would
be of use in resolving this matter?

I am not a beekeeper, tho I have had hives placed on my property
and the kids and I had no problems.  I just want to help this
fellow -- the local bee-groups don't have the info he needs, I
gather.  If the matter has been discussed earlier on the list, I
can do a database search (suggest some rubrics!).

Please respond to LOGANT@LAFAYETT           -- tracy