SCCSC-L Archives

Springfield/Clark County Safety Council Discussion List

SCCSC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Roger Sigman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Sigman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:49:53 -0500
Our plants have had oxygen units as part of our first aid emergency response
program for years. Recently, during a Basic First Aid/CPR/AED training class,
the instructor questioned our having them, stating our level of training did not
qualify us to determine whether oxygen should be administered in an
emergency. I was not in the class, so I couldn't confront the instructor. I
cannot imagine how this could be detrimental to anyone's health or well being.
Do any other companies have oxygen units? Does anyone have an opinion on
this?

Thanks,

Roger Sigman
Corporate Safety & Training Manager
The McGregor Metalworking Companies
Springfield, Ohio

This discussion list is provided by the Springfield/Clark County Safety Council