From:
Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:03:45 -0400
Hello:

This makes good sense, and I agree with you.  As a customer, regardless of
the product, I only purchase goods that are labeled with clear information
as to the contents.  Regulations for the labeling process should be in
place, and adhered to.

I am Canadian, In the province of Prince Edward Island.

Canadian grade standards are very stringent.   However, in this province,
there is another set of controls.  It works like this:  for honey to be used
locally  (within the Province) water content is tested for.  Labels must be
clear whether the honey was produced in PEI, or just packed here.  Any honey
going out of Province must be graded by the National standards.

I have been a hobby beekeeper for about twenty five years, and active in the
beekeeping association during that time.  I discovered early that I am
allergic to beesting, so never developed a large operation.  Five years ago
someone set up 26 colonies less than 500 yards from my property.  Not being
sure "how the wind would blow" I gave away my equipment and now only attend
the annual meeting of our association, and read this BEE-L for the interest.

Eunice Wonnacott
Prince Edward Island
Canada