From:
Becky boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:27:48 -0500
Hello conversationalists
I have a question that I dont want to find the answer to by the school of
hard knocks!
The scene-----1 mile to the east, 2 trailers ( about 24 ft) of bees
parked in a field where 4 hives were before, not for polination but honey
production.  1/2 mile to the west another neighbor started about 50 hives
last summer, still there.  How does one know when an area becomes
saturated by bee population that it becomes detrimental.  Is this a  wait
and see proposition?  I am located in the foothills of the smokies in
north carolina at the south carolina border. Is it possible to over
populate an area with hives?  Is  my concern unfounded?
Any criticism accepted.  Thanks
Al Boehm