From:
Jerry Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:07:30 EDT
The best honey I have produced was identified as pure holly honey, very
light with great taste and wonderful floral fragrance that I have never seen
duplicated with other honeys produced here.  Almost without fail, everyone  who
has eaten it rates it equal to the best honey they have ever tried.  Most
unusual was several supers of honey identified as kudzu, almost  purple with
aftertaste of grape flavor notes.  The bees also made an  unusual honey in 2003 when
it rained nearly every day all spring.   When it stopped raining at end of May
the bees gathered an  extremely dark honey with a very sharp almost pungent
taste resembling  molasses that they have never again produced and also has
never gone to  sugar. I suspect it was honeydew. I like it, but most people
expecting  the standard honey taste turn up their nose at this one.

Jerry Wallace
Atlanta. GA