Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:11:44 EDT
Richard:
WOW! DON'T PUT FEED OUT IN THE OPEN!  You will start a WAR.  Not only will
weak hives be killed, but neighbors will be stung, and maybe sue you.

Spend $29.95 and buy The Beekeepers Handbook by Dr. Diana Sammataro.  It is
the BEST beginners book ever written, almost everyone agrees.  I use it in
all the short courses I teach.

How big are your feeder holes.  They should only be no bigger than a frame
nail or about 1/32".  Temporarily cover the Varroa screen board with
something, even masking tape or a pie plate, but don't let that sugar syrup
get exposed.  You should also restrict the width of the entrance, so the
swarm bees can defend themselves against robber bees.

Write me if you want more advice.  Many of my writings are on the Internet
under two different URL's:

http://www.cybertours.com/~midnitebee/           click on the lower right
image
http://www.beekeeper.org/george_imirie/index.html