From:
Isis Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:26:50 +0000
Dee writes:
In all these years, I have never seen them hot. They are
like they always have been, easy to work. Also, if one
mating of the queen makes them africanized as was put to us
long ago, and the majority of the matings of each queen are
not africanized or scuts, why cannot this be seen and
broken out, instead of lumping all the colorations into one
pot?

Comments:
Are you saying that they ID as AHB, but they are not vicious? That is
certainly something we would all be glad to know. However, if you read the
paper that was referred to, the majority of matings are AHB, for various
reasons mentioned in the paper. Also, color in honey bees has never been
connected to behavior. It's like eye color in people.

Glass