From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:33:28 -0600
> I do agree that even if the
> beekeeper had treated and been reinspected with no beetles found on the
> second inspection there may have been beetles in the hives

Which proves one of the points being made and that is, making laws and
inspections does not stop critters from moving about our country. You make
it too strict for beekeepers where it hurts their pocket book and they will
find a way around the regulations. It's no different in my line of work when
it comes to city and county regulations and permits regarding construction.
If our government would set reasonable laws and regulations in these areas,
more people would be willing to play by the rules.

Regards,
Barry