From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:04:36 -0600
> >Ref. Stan Sandlers experience with plastic foundation <etc.>

Without knowing the brand, age of the plastic and whether it is wax coated and
where it has been stored, as well as the age, brand and history of the wax
foundation, and perhaps the cell base size of each, this type of discussion
seems hopelessly general.

'Plastic' is a word that refers to thousands of compounds; there are numerous
brands and configurations of both plastic and wax foundation available around
the world.  Moreover wax foundation is made of various analyses of beeswax as
well as blends -- inadvertant or deliberate.  I imagine the types of plastic
vary somewhat too.

FWIW, I have had batches of wax foundation the bees would not touch and some
that they loved.

Generally, using Pierco that is freshly wax coated at the factory I have found
acceptance seems identical to wax sheets.

allen