From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 12:27:29 -0400
I do not participate in the commercial production or distribution of
honey, rather I pack and sell direct my own raw honey .

My customers see, taste and understand the difference between my
honey  and  the commercially packed honey and the various products
claiming to contain honey.

My typical customer would not be interested in a highly processed
food either so I do not see heated and commercially packed honey or
the various products which purport to contain honey as a threat.

Instead the worse it gets the higher price I can charge for the real
thing.

I say bring it on! These junk products only serve to help differentiate
my product from the "low cost producers".

As a comparison, the typical milk at the grocer comes from a cow
which lives in a feedlot and is pumped full of growth hormones and
antibiotics. The cows are fed an unnatural diet of grains. The resultant
milk product is heavliy processed and frankly tastes bland.

Several small dairy producers here in the midwest are producing a
non-homogenized grass fed product which sells for twice the price of
the typical milk product.

What I see is the majority of folks in the Ag production industry looking
for the path of least resistance in the production of their food item.

Feedlots, migratory beekeeping, roundup ready soybeans are all
attempts to create a short cut and produce a cheaper product.

As the industrilization of the food supply continues the opportunites for
small producers of high quality food products grows immensely.

We cannot stop the trends but we can ride them.