From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:16:46 -0400
Jerry:
> It's not just pesticides.   For example, we've never found a bee sample that did not contain traces of PCBs  - anywhere in the U.S., over 20+ years.

Bill:
> Remember, Jerry said that he has found pesticide residue in most all bee colonies, so you and I have it also, especially if you have neighbors within two miles.

Peter:
There is no distance limit for this stuff. In fact, farther away from
the source may be worse.

This is from a story written in 1996:

A Climatic Trick Dumps Chemicals from afar on people and animals in
the far north

Their language may have 30 different words for "snow" but it doesn't
have one for "contamination". So it is hard to explain to the Inuit
people of the remote and pristine Broughton Island in the Canadian
Arctic that - thanks to a strange and newly discovered trick of
natural systems - they are more polluted by some of the world's most
toxic chemicals than any other people on earth.

And yet research shows that the bodies of the 450 people of the small
island, thousands of miles awy from the source of the pollution have
the highest levels of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) ever found,
except in victims of industrial accidents. The chemicals are
increasingly suspected of causing cancer, suppressing fertility and
damaging the immune system.

source:
http://www.pmac.net/arctic.htm