From:
Zachary Huang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:51:25 -0400
It seems I run this email every year! This year I am doing this early to
increase my chances of getting some...

we are still studying the resistance mechanisms of varroa mite to Apistan
(fluvalinate) and therefore need some that are resistant. If you have used
Apistan for the last few years (say 3-5 years) and have mites showing up now
and Apistan is failing to treat them, that would be the best.  The 2nd best
would be you are treating with Apistan and it is not working, but you did
not use Apistan for that long (last year and this year only).  The 3rd
choice would be you used Apistan for many years, but still have mites now,
but have not tried Apistan this year yet, so it is not clear if mites are
resistant.

Please email me back if you have them. Thanks.

Zachary Huang
Michigan State University