From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2016 12:30:27 -0500

> >unless your reading something in it that I don't understand,  seems
> >to me
> you may be a bit behind on your Roundup research?

Yes a bit,  but in my head yet, were debating semantics.....  McDonalds every day doesn't actually kill you,  Coronary pressure does,  but the  stimulant is the same.   In this case Underspraying of Roundup may not help transfer resistance,  but does in fact allow the resistant weeds to transfer their genes to the offspring,  be it from needing higher LD or from less pressure from more resistant varieties, the result is the same,  more tolerant weeds.
As I feed bees this afternoon I will keep pondering!

Back to bees,  using any sort of "short treatment" allows the more restraint mites to propagate at  higher level culling the weak and leaving either resistant  or at least stronger mites to breed at will.   So it seems to me  that any "short methods" of genetics in bees would have the same effects culling the weak and susceptible mites leaving the stronger or learned traits to produce at a higher rate.

I look forward to your explanation.

It does seem to me since we have gone from "acceptable" mite levels of say 10  a while back,  to anything over 3 is horrible,  the field evidence is strong that my theory is correct.  Mites are worse than before,  in both  Virus transmission and reproduction rate.

FYI,  Clarence Colision has a great article this month on the phoretic topic!  Looks like from his writing,  mites that are phoretic longer are worse for virus transmission than ones that breed faster.   Meaning more  mites,  less virus and vice versa!  Least that’s how I read it.

Charles