Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:24:59 GMT
>>no supercedure... not seen any evidence [of]...attacks.... Flow is
real good right now.  The weather has been so good...  no bananas,
not even a beer then :)

Kent,

We have just about exhausted the typical possibilities.  Please
advise if requeening will change their behavior.

I have one hive that's always slightly more defensive than others.
Nothing like your experience.  Just a couple of bees will keep flying
in my face while I work it.  You'd think they are mesmorized by my
*good looks* ;-))... but, if I squeeze one of the workers and there
is an alarm odor, these bees will try to attack.  I have changed the
hive's location, changed the queens 2-3 times, as with my other
hives, in the course of 3 years.  It defies common wisdom but, like I
said, this hive is not overly defensive just a touch more than the
other ones.

What else is interesting is that the most gentle hives I've had were
headed by local *pure feral* queens.

Waldemar