From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:56:17 -0500
Olda Vancata wrote:
>> ...it looks to me as if you are saying that morphometrics is only
>>
> good for comparison and selection within a known population of honey
> bees.  If so, by extension, I would see that as suggesting that the
> technique is not well suited to identifying the race of unknown
> samples of honey bees.
>
> Oh yes, it does. It depends on which kind of morphometric method you
> choose.

My experience with Tony Jadczak and identifying AHB, was different when
he started and got more refined and much more complex as time went
along. So we may be speaking about an evolving discipline, rather than a
fixed method. What Allen observed several years ago may not be what is
being done now.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine