Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2007 17:40:30 -0400
>"[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  "no other ag related industry in the
nation allows this kind of uncontrolled movement"

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:22:36 -0700, Mike Rossander <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  To the contrary, they almost all allow that kind of movement.  You'd have better luck building a
list of restrictions than building the list of unrestricted activities.

really.....

while I am no livestock expert I am certain that if hoof and mouth disease or avian flu struck our
poultry or livestock industry there would not be the mass movement of animals like we see every
fall and winter with almonds and honeybees.  in fact infected animals would be likely be killed.

how can anyone defend the willy nilly unregulated movement of bees when there is the risk of
spreading the dreaded CCD? or maybe CCD is no big deal at all and that's why mass movement
goes on unimpeded?

from the outside of the bee world looking in it would appear to make little to no sense at all. it
would appear no one gave a darn about the bees and only cared about the pot O' money at the
end of the almond rainbow.