From:
Carol Malcolm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:25:53 +0000
You asked:
>How do bees manage in areas where warm winters are the norm? There must be
>a region where they will repeatedly cluster, break cluster and fly, and
>recluster during the winter, so does this harm them?

Here in Austin Texas, feeders are the norm.  One of our beemasters states that
more bees in central Texas die at Easter due to our climate patterns.  I can
put a hive to bed in November with 60 lbs of honey then have warm days
in December with no bloom and there goes the honey.  With the drought conditions
of the last two years, fall feeding and Jan-Feb feeding is a must.

Carol
Carol K. Malcolm