Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 05:06:11 EDT
In a message dated 16/09/2005 05:02:34 GMT Standard Time, Hugo tremblay
writes:

For what  I can find in literature, it is recommended to give 3 treatments=
of  oxytetracycline in fall, and some more the following spring, alongsid=
e  with shaking bees and destroying infected material.  But......

Which makes me glad that here in the UK the treatment for AFB is to dig a
pit in which to burn and bury the entire contents of the hive and then to scorch
 the inside of the hive with a blow torch.  Crude but effective and AFB is
nowadays a rarity.

Chris