From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 07:49:49 -0400
Eric wrote:
> The value for alfalfa is surely the value of the leafy stuff, not the seed
crop

Yes, but to plant it, you need the seeds

> I was surprised to see the value of the almond crop higher than apples.

Evidently 80% of the world's almonds are grown in California, while apples
are grown more widely

> I'll be grateful to whoever can fill me in on any important details and/or
correct me.

As much As we appreciate the free publicity and the increase in the public's
awareness of the importance of bees, most of what has appeared in the news
media is either greatly distorted or flat-out wrong:

* more than 2.4 million bee colonies have disappeared

* Even Albert Einstein, many decades ago, praised the invaluable insect

* all Albrecht had to do was tell them there'd be no beer without the bee

* Tom (her 16-year-old son) researched how to make a pyramid and coat it
with something sweet and sticky to attract them. It's so they can get out of
the sun, to rest.

www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005115131