From:
Deann Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 14:29:03 +1300

>>Unfortunately queen excluders have no affect.  The wax moth eggs  are in
the super.  Without bees in the super to control the wax moths, the  wax moths
take over.

Wax moths eat the shed larval skins and material in brood comb.  They have
little interest in clean honey supers that have not been used for brood.   If
excluders are used to keep honey boxes free of brood, the moths also vacate
those boxes.

I stored 100 boxes of clean honey comb last winter in our mild climate with no
treatments and no barriers - and no wax moth loss.

nb - I don't use excluders, but combs with any brood debris in them are sorted
out and frozen for 24 hours before being stacked separately.