From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:21:07 -0800
Keith Malone graciously shared his polystyrene nuc plans.  His thread came in on Oct 23, under the heading of "Commercial Success:"

  For those of you who missed it, his link/URL is:  http://akbkeepr.blake.prohosting.com/styronuc.htm

  (By the way, thanks, Keith.)

  A couple of questions arose as I looked into this.  First, I asked locally at the industrial contractor's supplier about 60 psi high density polystyrene, and all I can get is 25 psi.  They offered to order 60 psi, but they would be buying a whole stack.  I only need a few sheets.

  Here's my real question:  if I go to my big box retailer of home improvement (the ones with the staff that knows very little about home improvement), how do I know the density of the extruded polystyrene?  I may have to settle for something less dense.  I just want to  know what I'm getting, but no one seems to know what is on the shelf.  Is there a correlation to thickness and "R" value?

  Keith, your nuc appeared to be constructed with white polystyrene.  All we have locally is blue and pink (and they told me colors will vary between manufacturers).  Are there differences in the product, aside from density?

  Grant
  Jackson, MO

Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Yahoo! Messenger's cheap  PC-to-Phone call rates.