From:
Sandy Kear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:39:50 -0400
At 01:09 PM 7/24/00 -0400, John Mitchell wrote:
>In a message dated 7/24/00 12:03:15 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< Are they offering samples? This may be the single most critical sales
>generator for impulse purchases. >>
>
>    What's a clean, no-mess, minimum-hassle way to offer honey samples? The
>farm stand operator doesn't want the honey shelf to be any more high
>maintenance than the rest of the store. I suppose honey stixs, but then the
>sample wouldn't be the same as the honey sold, unless you had honey stixs
>manufactured from your own honey.

Is there any source for gelatin balls that could be filled with honey, &
sealed?  I know that Mrs. Grasse's Soup uses something like that for a dry
product, not sure how it would work for a liquid like honey.  On a larger
scale, such a product could also be marketed to restaurants as an
alternative sweetener for tea & coffee and could be packaged for convenient
home use (both of which also would increase the visibility of honey as a
sweetener).

Sandy