From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2016 06:02:16 -0500
contradictory conclusions

Charles
Almost everyone agrees that using acaricides only prolongs the agony, that the best solution would be to let natural selection produce a resistant bee. If that were possible, but it isn't, given that if beekeepers let 95% of their bees die, they'd have no income. Mike Allsopp spelled it out years ago:

Pete  for thousands of years everyone thought the world was flat,  and the sun revolved around us.... of course things we believed that were wrong is a list much longer than things we get right.

The work you site is from 2000 (roughly)   so where are these resistant bees?  So far we see no populations resistant,  some that are coping, thru isolation and swarming,  but not yet heard of actual resistant bees.    Even ET beloved Hot Texas Weavers bees have mites,  and yes in a season or two  without help they too develop DWV.

Not only is the opinion that treating prolongs the pain,  seemingly wrong and crazy,  IMO it’s a lot like time travel theory,  to insane to ever happen,  so easy to say.  Lets deal with facts,  it is not going to happen,  for economic reasons, and common sense,  not to mention all the people who wont let the bees die off (as we all know they would very hard)  all in the hopes they would develop restiance.

What would really happen would be so many die,  that transmission of the parasite would become difficult if not impossible,  so they would appear resistant,  after a while they would get hit again,  kind of like bubonic plaque,  should we let that run its course so only resistant humans survived??

IMO making this statement puts you right in the category with Nick Nolte, and Robert Dinero, and those who believe in unicorns.  You know it wont happen, so its easy to say and claim, and make yourself  look more than a little silly.

  Just a dissenting opinion to guys I completely respect.....
Charles