From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 07:47:41 -0400
>  You do any fall divides/splits at all when flows are
>over with your strong/strongest colonies?

No way. You may be able to do splits/divides in Arizona, after the flows
are over for the year, but not up here. The latest I made nucs this year
was August 15...on early Goldenrod. Even those are iffy. Some will build up
ok, and some will not. I just looked at those nucs. Rating strength from
one to five, at least 1/3 are twos...probably not strong enough to make it
to April/May, when I consider them to have "made it" through the winter.
With 6" of snow already, and often snow in April, we're talking nearly 6
months confinement.
Mike