From:
Garrett M Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:25:01 -0500
One idea that has been floating around in my head, for storing syrup, is
to use a bulk tank.  I am referring to the type used by dairy farms.
This tank is insulated with cooling tubes in the walls and bottom these
tubes could be used to circulate  warm water through to keep it warm.
This could easily be stored in doors in the same place as your drums.  If
raised off the floor the valve at the bottom would work for filling 5gal
buckets.

While we are on this subject has anyone tried to use a fertilizer pump to
move syrup and is there an alternative pump that can be used to pump
honey other than the high dollar ones that are sold commercially?