From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:59:38 -0700
Hi to all on BEE-L

Bob Harrison wrote:
B"Part of the *new* cooperative agreement between the Sioux
Honey Assn. and the Argentine cooperative FACAP *includes*
the exportation of *Argentine* honey, bottled and labeled
under the Sioux honey brand.

The piece also says that it is possible that Sioux honey
may import bulk honey from FACAP and *other* South American
cooperatives located in Chile and Uruguay into the U.S.."

Reply:
I thought that by being a cooperative as Sioux Honey Assn
is that they cannot buy and use honey in excess of 49% of
what it's members can produce from outside sources of any
kind.

How does this apply to Sioux now in volumes they will be
dealing with for packing, not besides the point I don't
feel they should be allowed to purchase from either China
nor Argentina anyway, due to past anti-dumping actions
taken.

Funny our biggest industry cooperative dealing with honey
dumpers. Very pro anti-American packing IMPOV.

Why isn't there a law saying that American cooperatives
must deal in American Honey or aren't they truly an
American cooperative anymore as far as packing is
concerned?

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby