From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 09:34:17 -0500
Hello All,
Two points to remember when using a Farrar two queen system.
!. Most years they don't outproduce two *strong* hives *enough* to *warrent
* the extra work.  In times of dearth they will simply because they forage
out farther. Above is my opinion and experience from using (small number of
two queen hives)and recreating Farrar two queens since I read the first
article detailing Farrar's work in the November 1965 *Gleanings of Bee
Culture* pg. 679.
2. All Farrar's research is based on using five brood boxes with 6 1/4 depth
frames and 12 frames to a box.  I had trouble converting  his method for
Langstroth deeps.   Farrar was doing research on honey production  vs colony
population at the time.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri