From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:45:38 -0600
I received this by email the other day, and, after some contemplation,
decided that it would be quite in order to share this with BEE-L.  If
this appeals to you, please respond to David Lizama, not to BEE-L or to
me.

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com
---

I am a Segment Producer with Nash Entertainment and working on a FOX
Television special tentatively titled "Embarrassing Moments Caught on
Tape."
I am searching for blooper-style video featuring Bee Keeping
enthusiasts,
amateur keepers, professionals, or instructors and respectfully request
permission from you to forward this request on my behalf to the members
of
your organization. I did not want to attempt contact with members of
your
organization without your permission and approval. Please instruct me on
your protocol and/or procedure for this type of request so that it can
be
properly made. I would appreciate if you would instruct me on an
acceptable
method of reaching out to them.

I'm basically looking for silly stunts, accidents or mishaps caught on
tape--lighthearted stuff where nobody is seriously hurt but where the
viewer
is left wondering, "what were they thinking?" This is meant to show that
amateurs and even experts are not perfect and are prone to having a bad
day
at the office. I figure this type of video will have been captured at
amateur and professional event/gatherings and that there must be those
who
have friends/relatives taking home video and a 'blooper' style
incident was caught on tape. Another option might be incidents in the
form
of 'outtakes' taped in the making of a promotional or corporate video.

Please understand that we are very interested in getting the Keeper's
side
of the story and would like to interview these folks about their
experience.
We are not trying to make anyone look dumb, rather we are demonstrating
the
unpredictability in life and how it is often funny and hilarious.

Would you happen to have any video of your own? Would you be interested?
If
not, would you please consider forwarding my request to other people,
groups
or organizations you feel would be interested in providing or referring
me
to this kind of videos, especially the members of your club? Would it be
possible for you to forward this request for footage to all of them?

We pay a reasonable license fee for each clip we use and our clearance
department will negotiate the licensing fee with whomever owns the tape.
We
license footage based on the visual appeal of the 'caught on tape'
aspect of
the footage. We also will pay a 'finder's fee' for referrals that lead
bona fide 'caught on tape' material; that is, where we actually license
footage from someone to whom we have been referred.

Keep in mind that the most appealing aspect we look for is spontaneity
since
we are not looking for footage that has obviously been "staged" to
happen or
in any way shot with the intention of misleading viewers into thinking
that
it was anything but genuinely "caught on tape."

Please call or write me soon if you or any of your members would like
for us
to consider video footage for inclusion in our show. I can provide my
FEDEX
account for overnight shipping purposes.

Do you know of any other clubs or groups that I could also contact for
this
type of request, perhaps internationally?

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing
from
you and your members soon.

Sincerely yours,

David Lizama