From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:08:21 -0400
Frank asked "I have also heard that a colony with no drone cells to lay in will simply
create some.  In the experiment you mention the colonies were started
without drone cells.  Was that just to delay drone production, or was there
little to no drone production throughout the season?"

My understanding was that the colonies produced some drones, but in one season did not come near to a normal number of such cells.

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, Inc.
Manufacturer of round comb honey equipment and Sundance pollen traps