From:
Jeffrey R Hills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 07:12:23 -0500
Doug Suttles wrote: "Curious for comments on the topic."

For several years I have interspersed PermaComb interspersed with the other
standard medium solutions and have the following comments.

Do not use Perma Comb where there is a chance the queen will set up shop in
it.  Use it in an active honey flow where the bees will fill it quickly as
it is generally not their first choice; they won't use it until they have
to.  Expect less honey per filled frame as the bees generally do not fill
PermaComb out much beyond the width of the frame ... i.e. you could get 12
frames to a super if you used only PermaComb.  I still have the first PC I
bought five or six years ago.  I give it very high marks for durability.

Jeff Hills