From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:29:16 -0700
Hi Bob & all,

 I will try to explaine this a little better, forget about Joe T's 2 % or Shad Sullivan 15,000 manage hives (lease bees), the stongest 10,000 hives I saw in CA,  5000 BEE-L post, let's forget about all the numbers (sounding BIG ) game.

As far as grading two million hives,  Mike Rosso up north grades tens of thousands of hives in the almonds for growers. There are County and private up and down this state, not a problem, that is if you have bees in those boxes.

I spent six years in college studing economics, I look at the net, & risk to gain ratio. So far I hear nothing but BIG numbers with no to little net ( that's profit for those of you in the SHOW ME STATE).

How many of your OWN HIVES did you supply in the almonds this year ? My guess is zero. I would like to know what your phone bill is (Missouri---Calif.) do you see the reporters in bombed out  Lebenon do their reports via phone or are they actully there? I think the next A.B.J. report on almonds sould be from someone with LOCAL KNOWLEGE & EXPERIANCE , not someone who  just a few months ago found out about the almond grading (pravate or County), that is all we need know about your expertise in almond pollination. This took place BTW on this BEE-L form if you remember.

What does FIELD RUN BEES mean, you use this alot. I am just wondering, does it mean the bees were run in a field?? I"m assumming they didn't come form the office. What standards are they up held to. Or are there no standards, huuummm maybe that's it.

I think if the growers are going to pay hefty pollination bills they have the right to know what their paying for. Not some boogus line like FEILD RUN BEES.

Once again, the keepers with no bees in thier boxes are crying foul.

In the A.B.J this month  I see plenty of picture of  those packages in the field with frames of brood (July), I also saw some being loaded on a truck (Jan), I saw Tim Tucker & Jerry Brown working with bees but only showed boxes and singles ( April A.B.J)   there's one thing I never see, an open lid in the almonds with bees..  You said you were from the show me state, I'm waiting.

No one is hand cuffing them to the Calif almond pollination, maybe they should just stay home.

I hope some of you readers get some positive info from all of this, as myself and Bob have differant veiw points about the almonds, and something positive becomes of it. Everything I talk about here comes from my own experiance, I run 2000 hives in, and thats me on the truck & forklift, I don't speak for anyone else.

 Good luck this fall to all,

Keith Jarrett