From:
Alvin Forar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2019 17:38:38 +0000
I have to agree with Garret on this video. There is a lot of interesting information.

<<<This is work out of the UK. Pretty interesting watch if you have the time and may give some ideas for discussion.

https://youtu.be/z0B9o4GHq7U

Garret Wilkinson
Parksville BC>>>

Something that really struck me is the idea that improved beekeeping management might be responsible for much of the increased virulence seen with EFB.  As someone that believes basic management is the first step in disease control, this is something that needs to be understood.  If true, are we removing a niche that the low virulence EFB fills and opening it for the high virulence ones?  I am sure this is only one possibility.

There is also some very interesting drone information recorded at this 2018 National Honey Show that is now available.

Alvin L. Forar
Arlington, WA